Managing permissions for regular users
To manage the permissions for a regular user:
- Go to Admin > Accounts.
- Click on the Manage Permissions () icon in the Actions column for the account that you want to manage.
- On the Manage Permissions for the account you can set the permissions for every dataset in LibInsight. For each dataset you can:
- Click on a Dataset Name to jump to the settings for that dataset.
- Click the checkbox for Add metadata & administer option in the Permissions column for a dataset
- Dataset admins can change basic information, add / edit permissions, and add / edit fields
- Click the checkbox for Add/edit own record in the Permissions column for a dataset
- This allows the account to add records to the dataset and edit records they have added.
- Click the checkbox for Analyze data in the Permissions column for a dataset.
- This allows the account to analyze this dataset by itself or in Cross Dataset analysis and can use data from this dataset in Dashboards
- Note: If a permission is disabled, it means that the All Users permission is assigned to that dataset and you can only modify the permission from the Dataset Setup Permissions screen.
- After you make a change to a dataset's permissions, click Save.