How to display a nickname instead of your real name in LibChat
By default, the first and last name from your LibApps user account will display when chatting with patrons. If you would prefer to display an alias instead of your real name, you can set a nickname in your LibAnswers account settings.
When using a nickname, please keep in mind the following:
- It only applies to chatting with patrons using LibChat. It is not used when replying to tickets or elsewhere in the system.
- The nickname will be only be displayed in patron-facing chat interactions (i.e. in the chat widget and when a patron requests a transcript).
- You will still see your real name in the LibChat dashboard, as well as when viewing chat transcripts. It will also be recorded when adding chats to Reference Analytics or creating tickets from chats.
Setting a LibChat nickname
- To access your account settings, click on your email address in the orange command bar.
- If you are a Regular user, you can also go to Admin > Account.
- Or, if you are an Admin user, you can go to Admin > Accounts and edit your account from that page.
- On the Manage Account page, enter the alias you want to use in the Nickname field.
- Leave this field empty if you do not want to use a nickname.
- Scroll down and click the Save button at the bottom of the page.