When chatting with patrons, an avatar will display next to each message sent. For patrons, this will always be a generic avatar of a person. Chat operators, however, have a choice: they can either display that same generic avatar or use the current image uploaded to their LibApps user profile. This gives staff the ability to add a personal touch to the chat experience and help patrons put names with faces.
Customizing your LibChat profile image
- To access your account settings, click on your email address in the orange command bar.
- If you are a Regular user, you can also go to Admin > Account.
- Or, if you are an Admin user, you can go to Admin > Accounts and edit your account from that page.
- On the Manage Account page, use the Profile Image options to choose the image to display.
- Use LibApps profile image: this will use the image currently uploaded to your LibApps user profile. To customize this, click on the Go to LibApps button at the top of the page.
- Use generic profile image: this will display a generic avatar of a person ().
- Use the Profile Image Background Color to select an accent color for your profile image.
- If you are using your LibApps profile image, this will be used as a border color around your photo.
- If you are using a generic profile image, this will be used as the background color of the avatar.
- Scroll down and click the Save button at the bottom of the page.