Customizing a user's default LibChat settings
Although you may be assigned to multiple chat departments and ticket queues, you may not necessarily want to monitor them by default when each time you sign into LibChat. If you would only like to monitor specific departments and queues by default, look no further than the LibChat Settings in your LibAnswers account.
In addition to choosing which departments and queues to monitor by default, you can also:
- Turn sound notifications on/off by default.
- Configure your idle message (which displays to patrons if you've been idle after a specified number of minutes).
- Select which appointment schedulers to use (these are links sent to patrons for scheduling follow-up appointments with you).
- Set the default view for your chat dashboard.
- These settings will only appear if LibChat has been enabled for your account by an Admin user.
- The options you select here will only apply to you. However, Admin users can change these defaults for any user via the Admin > Accounts page.
Customize your personal LibChat settings
- To access your account settings, click on your email address in the orange command bar.
- If you are a Regular user, you can also go to Admin > Account.
- Or, if you are an Admin user, you can go to Admin > Accounts and edit your account from that page.
- On the Manage Account page, scroll down to the LibChat Settings section.
- Default Departments to monitor: use this dropdown to select which departments you want to monitor when you first log into the LibChat dashboard. All others will start disabled, meaning you won't be notified of incoming chats for those departments unless you manually enable monitoring for them.
- Default Queues to monitor: use this dropdown to select which queues you want to monitor when you first log into the LibChat dashboard. All others will start disabled, meaning you won't be notified of new tickets received by those queues unless you manually enable monitoring for them.
- Sound defaults to "on": when this checkbox is enabled, sound notifications for new chats, replies, and tickets will be turned on by default.
- Idle time (in minutes): use this to determine how long you must be idle from LibChat before patrons are sent the provided Message text. For example, if you step away for 5 minutes, this can send an automated message to patrons apologizing for the delay.
- Scheduler Link Text: although optional, you can send patrons a link to schedule a follow-up appointment with you or another librarian. Use this field to customize the text of that link.
- Personal Scheduler URL: enter the URL to your personal appointment scheduler page. If you subscribe to LibCal, use the provided Suggestions dropdown to select your personal Appointments booking page.
- System Scheduler URL: enter the URL to a page where patrons can schedule an appointment with any staff member. If you subscribe to LibCal, use the provided Suggestions dropdown to select from one of the Appointments groups in your system.
- View Chats: choose how you'd like chats to appear when opened. "Individually" will show one chat at a time and gives you a large chat area for each; "Multi Chat Overlay" opens each chat in a pop-out window, which can then be moved/resized as needed.
- Scroll down and click the Save button at the bottom of the page.