Managing user access to a queue
To access a queue's User Access settings go to Admin > Queues > Edit Queue () icon for the queue > User Access tab.
Adding users to a queue
Before a user can begin answering tickets in your queue, they must first be given access. To add a user to queue:
- Click on the Add Users to Queue button.
- Select the people you want to add from the Users dropdown.
- Note: system-level admins already have access to each queue and will not appear in this list.
- From the Queue Access Level dropdown, select which level you wish to assign to those users.
- Note: this will assign the same account level to every selected user. If you want to make some users admins and others regulars, then add the users in separate batches.
- Click the Add User to Queue button.
Alternatively, you can also edit a user's queue access by editing their LibAnswers user account.
Editing a user's access
You can change a user's access level in a couple of ways:
- Use the corresponding dropdown menu in the Level column to select a new access level. Changes you make here will be saved automatically.
- You can edit the user's queue access by editing their LibAnswers user account.
To remove a user's access to a queue, select the "Remove Access" option from the Level dropdown. (Note: System Admins will always have access to every queue. You cannot remove a System Admin's access to a queue.)
System-level admins automatically have admin access to every queue in the system. For all regular-level users, you can assign them one of the access levels from the table below.
These settings will only apply to the current queue; if you want them to have access to multiple queues, each queue's User Access will need to be updated separately.
|Access level||View & answer tickets in the queue?||Assign & transfer tickets in the queue?||Manage queue settings?|
|Admin (including System Admin)||Yes||Yes||Yes|