Add and edit free text fields in a question form
What are question forms?
A question form is an online form that your patrons can use to submit questions to a queue. Each queue gets its own question form, which can be customized to collect additional information from your patrons. For example, if you're an academic library, you may want to know the patron's status (student, faculty, etc.), department/major, and if the question is related to a specific course. This additional info can not only help you better assist your patrons, but it can also be used to filter your ticket statistics, as well.
You can provide access to your question forms in a few ways:
- Via an FAQ group's public pages
- Adding a LibAnswers asset to one of your guides in LibGuides
- Embedding or linking to your question form using a LibAnswers widget
This makes it possible to gather questions from beyond LibAnswers itself, such as your library website, catalog, or electronic resources.
To access a queue's Question Form settings go to Admin > Queues > Edit Queue () icon for the queue > Question Form tab.
Free text fields
Free text fields are another way of gathering additional information from your patrons. You can add up to 3 free text fields to your question form, which are great for gathering information like:
- Which course this question relates to
- When an assignment is due
- Names of other group members
- Bibliographic info (if using this question form to manage ILL or purchase requests)
- Resources already consulted
Adding a free text field
- Enter a label for the field. This will display next to the text field on your form.
- If desired, select the Make this field required checkbox.
- Save your changes
Removing a text field
If you no longer want to use a particular field, simply delete the text from its Field Label box and click the Save Field button.