Add and edit the question routing field in a question form
What are question forms?
A question form is an online form that your patrons can use to submit questions to a queue. Each queue gets its own question form, which can be customized to collect additional information from your patrons. For example, if you're an academic library, you may want to know the patron's status (student, faculty, etc.), department/major, and if the question is related to a specific course. This additional info can not only help you better assist your patrons, but it can also be used to filter your ticket statistics, as well.
You can provide access to your question forms in a few ways:
- Via an FAQ group's public pages
- Adding a LibAnswers asset to one of your guides in LibGuides
- Embedding or linking to your question form using a LibAnswers widget
This makes it possible to gather questions from beyond LibAnswers itself, such as your library website, catalog, or electronic resources.
To access a queue's Question Form settings go to Admin > Queues > Edit Queue () icon for the queue > Question Form tab.
Question routing field
The question routing field is a multiple choice field that allows that will direct a ticket to a specific queue and/or user based upon the patron's response. For example, if your question routing field asks, "What would you like help with today?", it could have the following options:
- Research help: if the patron selects this option, the ticket will go to your General Reference queue, but not be assigned to a specific user (so any librarian can claim it).
- Overdue items & fines: if the patron selects this option, the ticket will go to your Circulation queue, but not be assigned to a specific user (so any circulation staff member can claim it).
- Special collections & Archives: if the patron selects this option, the ticket will go to your Special Collections queue and be assigned to your special collections librarian.
- Interlibrary loan requests: if the patron selects this option, the ticket will go to your ILL queue and be assigned to your ILL manager.
- Database & catalog problems: if the patron selects this option, the ticket will go to your Electronic Resources queue and be assigned to your electronic resources librarian.
Adding the question routing field
- Enter a label for the field. This will display next to the dropdown menu on your form.
- If desired, select the Make this field required checkbox.
- Set up your first option:
- Enter the name of the option.
- When a patron selects this option, select the queue where the ticket should be transferred.
- Select the user who should be assigned the ticket. If you do not want the ticket to be assigned automatically, select the "No specific user" option.
- For each additional option you want to add, click on the Add another option button, then give the option a name and select the desired queue and user.
- To remove an option, click on its Delete () button.
- Save your changes.