Customizing a queue's email address
To access a queue's Email settings go to Admin > Queues > Edit Queue () icon for the queue > Email tab.
The Receiving Email Address is your queue's own unique email address. Email sent to this email address will be converted into tickets in your queue, allowing you to reply from within LibAnswers. Each queue can have only one Receiving Email Address, which you can customize. Here's how:
- Enter the email address you want to use in the Receiving Email Address field.
- What appears before the @ (aka the local-part) is totally customizable.
- However, you have to make sure that the email address ends with the domain name indicated in the Receiving Email options. For example, if your LibAnswers email domain is @springylib.libanswers.com, you could create email addresses such as:
- Click the Save button.
Want to use a different email domain for receiving email?
For systems who wish to use email on other domains they have two primary options:
- Redirect a whole domain to LibAnswers. Similar to setting up a custom domain for your system's web address, this requires your IT to set up DNS records to redirect a whole domain or subdomain's email to LibAnswers. Contact Springy Support for specific instructions. This will provide the most reliable way to receive and send mail with a non-libanswers.com address.
- You can forward specific email accounts to your queue's Receiving Email Address. For some email systems (like Gmail) this can be done directly in the account settings. For other email systems, your IT will have to set-up the forwarding from your desired email address to your queue's receiving email address.