Testing your queue's email sending
To access a queue's Email settings go to Admin > Queues > Edit Queue () icon for the queue > Email tab.
Whenever you change your email sending method or encounter issues sending or receiving LibAnswers emails, we highly recommend sending test messages to confirm that they are being sent successfully. We recommending sending a test to both a local email (i.e. a valid email on your institution's domain) and to an external email (e.g. a gmail/hotmail/yahoo type account). Be sure to confirm that the message is received in both cases.
To send a test message:
- In the Test Email Sending panel, enter the email address where you want to send the test message.
- Click on the Send Test Email button.
What if I didn't receive my test message?
- Check your email account's junk mail folder and see if the message was marked as spam.
- If you're using the default sending method, check with your IT staff to see if the messages were quarantined as spam on your email server. If so, ask them to add our email server's IP address (188.8.131.52) to their trusted domains list.
- If you're using the SMTP sending method, check with your IT staff to verify that you're using the correct server, account, and encryption settings. It's also possible that your SMTP server refused our attempt to connect; they should be able to check your server's log files to verify this.
- Contact Springy Support if you need any additional help troubleshooting this.