Create and manage FAQ topics
Topics are one way you can organize the FAQs in each of your Groups. When a user is viewing your group's homepage, they'll see an option to browse FAQs by topic. They'll also be able to filter search results by topic, as well. In addition, topics can also be used to create customized FAQ List widgets.
To manage a group's topics:
- Go to Admin > Metadata.
- While viewing the Topics tab, use the Switch to Group dropdown to select the group you want to view.
To add a new topic to your group:
- Click on Add a New Topic.
- In the Topic Title field, give your topic a name.
- Click the Save button.
Assigning topics to FAQs
You can assign topics to FAQs right from the Manage Metadata page.
- To assign additional topics to FAQs that have already been categorized, click on the View FAQ Entries by Topic dropdown and select a topic.
- You can also click on the topic's View FAQs by Topic () icon in the Actions column.
- To assign topics to FAQs that do not have any assigned to them, click on View Uncategorized FAQ Entries.
- To assign a topic to an FAQ, click on its Assign Another Topic to this FAQ () icon in the Assigned Topics column.
- Need to remove a topic from an FAQ? Click on its Unassign Topic () icon in the Assigned Topics column.
- From the dropdown that appears, select the topic you want to assign.
- To view the FAQs assigned to a topic, click on the View FAQs in this Topic () icon in the Actions column.
- To edit a topic, click on the Edit Topic () icon in the Actions column.
- To delete a topic, click on the Delete Topic () icon in the Actions column. This will remove the topic from all assigned FAQs, so be careful!