Create and manage ticket tags
Tags allow you to organize and categorize your tickets, making it easier to:
- Search and browse for tickets on specific topics.
- Create dashboard views for specific types of tickets.
- Filter your statistics to analyze tickets by topic or type of question.
- Identify trends within individual queues, or system-wide.
Tags are not specific to individual queues, so they can be applied to any ticket in the system.
If you have not enabled the Lock Tags option in your system settings, any user can create a new tag when replying to a ticket. However, if tags are locked or if you would like to create tags outside of ticket replies, you can do so.
- Go to Admin > Metadata.
- Click on the Tags tab.
- Click on Add a New Tag.
- In the Tag field, enter the name for your tag.
- Click the Save button.
- To edit a tag, click on the Change This Tag () icon in the Actions column.
- To delete a tag, click on the Delete Tag () icon in the Actions column. This will remove the tag from all assigned tickets, so be careful!
- NOTE: some tags will not display a Delete Tag () icon. When you see a tag like this, that means it's tied to a product that was created in the System Status Management Tool. These tags can only be deleted if you delete the product from the System Status Management Tool.