Customize an FAQ group's name and friendly URL
- Go to Admin > FAQ Groups.
- Find the group your want to customize and click on its edit () icon in the Actions column.
- Under the General tab, use the options in the Group Name and URL box to rename the group or change its friendly URL.
- To rename a group, edit the text in the Name field and click the Save button.
- To change the group's friendly URL, edit the text in the Friendly URL field and click the Save button.
- Each group, except for your system's default group, must have a friendly URL. This is the web address that will be used to access the group's pages. Although a group's friendly URL is initially set when the group is created, you can change it any time.
- If you are unable to edit the friendly URL for this field, that means you are editing the default group.
- Friendly URLs can only contain letters, numbers, hyphens, and underscores.
- Note: when you change a group's friendly URL, no redirects are created from the old URL to the new one. This will break any links you may have made to the FAQs within that group. To see if you have any links within LibAnswers that contain the group's old friendly URL, use the Search & Replace tool under Admin > Assets > Search & Replace Links.