Manage an FAQ group's user permissions
A group's user access settings controls who has the ability to view, add, and edit FAQs in that group. By default, all system-level admin users will have admin access to each group. However, the user access settings also give you the ability to designate regular-level users who can manage the group's settings, as well. Here's a breakdown of the available options:
|Access level||Add & edit FAQs?||Manage group settings?||View group pages?|
|Read-only (only available in Restricted Internal groups)||No||No||Yes|
Adding users to a group
- Go to Admin > FAQ Groups.
- For the group you want to edit, click on its edit () icon in the Actions column.
- On the Manage FAQ Groups page, click on the User Access tab.
- Click the Add Users to Group button.
- In the Add User to Group window, select which users you want to add from the Users dropdown.
- Select which access level you want to give the selected users from the Group Access Level dropdown.
- Click the Add User to Group button.
- If you want to add users at different permission levels, do them in batches.
- For example, in the first batch, add all admin users. Then, repeat the above steps to add all regular users in a second batch.
Changing a user's access level
- Locate the user in the User Access table.
- In the Level dropdown, select the new user permission to apply. The change will be saved automatically.
- To remove the user from the group, select the "Remove Access" option.