Creating customized ticket alerts for a queue
To access a queue's Notifications settings go to Admin > Queues > Edit Queue () icon for the queue > Notifications tab.
Customized Alerts can be set up by admins to notify staff via email or SMS of custom situations that you define. There are three types of alerts triggers that you can create based on:
- Number of unclaimed tickets
- An alert will be sent when the entered number of unclaimed tickets occur over the entered period of time.
- Ex: A number of patrons are reporting that a database has gone down and the queue is hit with 10 new unclaimed tickets in 10 minutes. Your alert would trigger and send a notification out to any email addresses and SMS numbers that you have added to the custom alert.
- An alert will be sent when any keywords you have defined in the alert are found in a new ticket.
- Ex: You've configured a keyword alert for "emergency" and "outage" When a patron submits a new ticket with either of these keywords included in it, your alert would trigger and send out a notification to any email addresses and SMS numbers that you have added.
- These are automatic reminder emails (they cannot be set up for SMS numbers) that can be set up for either to a custom list of email addresses or to individual ticket owners, to alert/remind them about particular things
- These can be created for:
- When a librarian has tickets that have been open for X days.
- When a librarian has tickets that have been open for X days and the patron is waiting on a reply.
- When there are X number of unclaimed tickets in your system
To create a new custom alert follow these steps:
- Click the Create Alert button to open the Create Alert window.
- In the Alert Triggers section, choose the type of trigger to be used.
- Set the options for the trigger type that was selected.
- See below for more details on the options for each trigger.
- In the Alert Recipients section, choose the email addresses and phone numbers that should receive the alert.
- Note: Reminder alerts cannot be sent to phone numbers
- For Number of Unclaimed Tickets and Keywords alerts, set the minimum time (in hours) between alerts.
- Click Save.
- Set the number of the Unclaimed Ticket threshold needed to trigger the alert.
- Set the Time threshold (in minutes) that the number of unclaimed tickets must arrive in to trigger the alert.
- Add the words or phrases (one per line) that will trigger an alert if found in a new ticket in the Keywords field.
- Select the Ticket Status criterion to use in matching tickets to be included in the daily alert message. You can choose from:
- Open Tickets (days since last update)*
- Open Tickets (days since created)*
- Days since last Ticket reply by patron
- Unclaimed Tickets (days since created)
- Set the number of Days to use in the "days since" calculation for the Ticket Status choice.
- In the Alert Recipients section, along with defining a set list of email addresses to alert, you can also check the option to email the owner of tickets that match the trigger options that you set.
After you have created alerts, you will see them listed in the Customized Alerts box. In the Action column. For existing alerts you can:
- Click the Edit () icon to make changes to alert -- change the trigger, add more email addresses/phone numbers, etc.
- Click the Reset last triggered date () icon to reset the time from when the alert was sent out last.
- Click the Delete () icon to permanently remove the alert.