How to set up auto-responders for after-hours SMS messages
To access a queue's SMS settings go to Admin > Queues > Edit Queue () icon for the queue > SMS tab.
The Auto-responders setup allows you to send an automatic reply to patrons when they text you outside of your operating hours. You can tell LibAnswers which hours your SMS service is available each day of the week. If a patron sends a message outside of those hours, then LibAnswers will automatically reply with a customizable message. This is a great way to let patrons know that their message has been received and when to expect a reply.
To set this up:
- Enter the hours that you are open or available from Monday to Sunday.
- Enter your times using a 24-hour format with only whole numbers (so no half or quarter hours).
- Separate your times with a hyphen (e.g. 8-17). If you have different availability times during a single day, separate each period with a comma (e.g. 8-12, 13-17).
- For example, if you are available on Monday from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m., you would enter 9-22.
- If you are closed for a particular day, enter 24-24.
- To disable auto-responders for a particular day, just leave that day blank.
- Enter the text you want to display in the Autoresponder Text field. (Remember: SMS messages have a maximum of 150 characters.)
- Save your changes.