Deleting or closing tickets from the LibAnswers dashboard
From the dashboard, you can interact with a ticket in a variety of ways -- claiming it, previewing it (without claiming), deleting or closing it, flagging it as spam, or selecting it for bulk updating. Each of these actions can be applied to any ticket that is currently visible in the dashboard.
- To claim a ticket, click on the question.
- This will allow you to view the entire text of the question and submit a reply.
- The first person to claim a ticket automatically becomes the owner.
- If you'd like to preview the entire question without claiming the ticket, click on the Quick Look () icon next to the question.
- This will display the entire text of the question in a pop-up window.
- Previewing questions can be helpful if you're not quite sure if you're the best person to answer.
- It can also be helpful if you want to "triage" a large number of new tickets, making it easier to spot more urgent questions that need immediate attention versus questions that may be able to wait.
- To delete or close a ticket, click on the Delete or Close this Ticket () icon.
- If a patron accidentally sent in the same question twice, this will allow you to delete the duplicate. This will permanently remove the ticket from LibAnswers and it will not be reflected in your stats.
- If the ticket needs no further action, perhaps the patron replied with a simple 'thank you,' you can close the ticket via this icon. Closing the ticket from here is the same as changing the status of a ticket to Closed from the ticket's page, but without having to view the ticket directly.
- To flag a ticket as spam, click on the Mark this ticket as spam () icon.
- On occasion, you might receive a ticket via email that is actually spam. This option will allow you to move that ticket into your Spam queue.
- Flagging tickets as spam can help the LibAnswers spam filter better identify spammy tickets in the future, helping them bypass your open tickets entirely.
- To select a ticket for bulk updating, click on the checkbox.
- Admins (and Regular accounts with queue-level admin permissions) can select multiple tickets on the dashboard and make bulk updates to them.