Viewing and claiming shared tickets
When a LibAnswers site is set up to have a queue shared with another system (see the Setting up shared queues and chat departments with other LibAnswers systems FAQ for more information on shared systems), an additional Shared Tickets tab is added to the dashboard to allow authorized accounts access to view and claim tickets from a shared queue.
To view and claim tickets from a shared queue, click on the Shared Tickets tab. From here you can:
- Use the filters to narrow the tickets displayed on the dashboard, including narrowing the list to only certain queues that are shared with your LibAnswers system.
- To claim a ticket, click on the question.
- This will allow you to view the entire text of the question and submit a reply.
- The first person to claim a ticket automatically becomes the owner.
- If you'd like to preview the entire question without claiming the ticket, click on the Quick Look () icon next to the question.
- This will display the entire text of the question in a pop-up window.
- Previewing questions can be helpful if you're not quite sure if you're the best person to answer.
- It can also be helpful if you want to "triage" a large number of new tickets, making it easier to spot more urgent questions that need immediate attention versus questions that may be able to wait.
- To flag a ticket as spam, click on the Mark this ticket as spam () icon.
- On occasion, you might receive a ticket via email that is actually spam. This option will allow you to move that ticket into your Spam queue.
- Flagging tickets as spam can help the LibAnswers spam filter better identify spammy tickets in the future, helping them bypass your open tickets entirely.