Adding an internal note to a ticket
What are internal notes?
Internal notes allow you to leave private notes in your ticket thread. This can be helpful if you need to jot down any personal notes, such as reminders, a list of resources you've searched, a shortlist of possible answers you've found, etc. You can also send internal notes to other LibAnswers users, as well, which is a great way to collaborate on tickets. For example, maybe you'd like a second opinion about an anthropology question from your social sciences librarian.
When you add an internal note to a ticket, they are added to the end of your ticket thread -- just like your replies. But unlike replies to patrons, these are completely private. Internal notes will not display in any of their notification emails. When reviewing your ticket's thread, internal notes will be contained inside gray boxes, making them easy to identify.
Adding an internal note
- Open your ticket and click on the Post an Internal Note tab.
- Use the rich text editor to create your note.
- Optionally, upload up to 5 files you'd like to share or save with this note (each file's maximum size is 20 MB). Uploaded files will be retained until the ticket is deleted.
- If you'd like to send this note to another user, select the recipient(s) from the Email Note to field. (The recipient must have either a LibAnswers user account or be included in the LibAnswers address book.)
- Optionally, you can choose to add the ticket to a Ref Analytics dataset when you submit your internal note.
- Click the Submit button to post your internal note.
- The ticket's current status will be selected by default. To change the ticket's status when posting your note, expand the Submit button's dropdown and choose a new ticket status.
- If you opted to send this note to another user, an email notification will be sent to them. Please note that this will include the entire ticket thread up to that point.
Overview of what is created in a ticket for email-based replies
|Notification Type||Creates a reply to patron||Creates an Internal Note on ticket|
|Reply from patron||Yes||No|
|Internal note from another LibAnswers user||No||Yes|
|Transfer from another user||Yes||No|
|Transfer to Address Book Entry||Yes||No|