View source & form field ticket statistics
Your Source & Form Fields ticket statistics provide you with key metrics about where your tickets are coming from and what tags are getting assigned to the tickets once they have arrived.
Although Admin users can view statistics for all queues, Regular users can only view statistics for the queues to which they're assigned.
Viewing your Source & Form Fields statistics
To get started, go to Stats > Tickets > Source & Form Fields tab (or by going to Answers > Tickets and clicking on the Source & Form Fields tab).
Filtering your statistics
Use the filters at the top of the page to narrow the tickets you want to analyze.
- ID: use this filter if you know the ID number of a specific ticket.
- Full Text: use this field to filter by keywords in a ticket's initial question, internal notes, or any replies (from the patron or LibAnswers user).
- When searching for multiple keywords, please note that this filter uses OR logic by default.
- To search for tickets containing multiple keywords, use AND operators between your keywords.
- You can also use quotation marks to search for exact phrases.
- Source: use this field to filter tickets by the type of source of the ticket (System, Twitter (Public Mention), Twitter (Direct Message), Widget, SMS, Email, Staff Entry, LibChat, Idea, or Facebook Message). Select "All Sources" to include tickets from any source.
- Status: use this field to filter tickets by their current status (New, Open, Pending, or Closed). Select "All" to include tickets of any status.
- Asked from and To: use these date fields to filter tickets by their submission dates, using the Asked from field to specify a start date and the To field to specify an end date.
- Updated between and And: use these date fields to filter tickets by the date that they were last updated, using the Updated between field to specify a start date and the And field to specify an end date.
- Owner: use the field to filter tickets by their owner. Select "View All" to include tickets owned by any user.
- Queue: use this field to filter tickets to a specific queue. You can select any queue you have been given access to. Select "All" to view tickets from all of the queues that you have been given access to.
- Note: when a single queue is selected, additional fields that are tied to the question form fields for the queue will be made available for filtering.
- Tag: use this field to filter tickets that have a particular tag(s) assigned to them.
- Note: this filter applies OR logic to multiple tags
- Limit by Day: use this field to filter tickets based on the day of the week they were asked on. Select "All Days" to include tickets from the entire week.
- Limit by Time between and And: use this field to filter tickets based on the time of day the ticket was asked, using the Limit by Time between field to specify a starting hour and the And field to specify an ending hour.
- Turnaround (hours): use this field to filter tickets based on how long it took for the initial reply to be sent.
- Name: use this field to filter tickets by the name of the patron submitting the ticket.
- You can search for parts of a name (first name, last name, or even part of a name) if you're unsure of the full name of the patron.
- Email: use this field to filter tickets by the email address or domain of the patrons submitting the tickets.
- To search for tickets from a specific patron, enter their full email address (like email@example.com).
- To search for all tickets from a particular email domain, enter the domain preceded by the @ symbol (like @myschool.edu)
- To apply your filters, click the Filter button.
- To reset all fields to default, click the Clear Filter link.
Source & Form Fields ticket reports
After filtering, you will be able to view the following reports:
- Source Statistics: view a breakdown of ticket sources by queue for each queue that you are assigned to (or that was included in the filters for the report). Sources include:
- System: tickets submitted from question forms that are present on your LibAnswers site.
- Twitter (Public): tickets for tweets that are directed at Twitter accounts that are assigned to your queues.
- Twitter (Direct Message): tickets for direct messages from Twitter accounts that are assigned to your queues.
- Widget: tickets submitted from LibAnswers widgets.
- SMS: your SMS-based tickets.
- Email: tickets submitted to the email address for a queue.
- Staff Entry: tickets that were manually created by a LibAnswers user.
- LibChat: tickets that originated for a LibChat chat -- from the user or patron-side.
- Idea: tickets submitted from widgets/products for the System Status Management tool.
- Facebook Messenger: tickets for direct messages from Facebook Pages that are assigned to your queues.
- Form Field responses: when a single queue is selected in the filters, reports that breakdown the responses to each form field for the queue's question form are also included.
- Tag Statistics: view a report that details the tags that have been assigned to the tickets included in the filters.