Create and manage product statuses for the Systems Status Management tool
On the Systems Status Management (SSM) dashboard, a status label will appear next to each product to indicate its current condition. For example, if everything is running smoothly for a product, you might assign it a status of "Normal". But, if that product has gone offline, you could assign it a status of "Outage". Each status can be color coded, as well, to help emphasize the nature of that status. For example, "Normal" could be green while "Outage" could be red.
For your convenience, your system will start out with the following four statuses:
- Normal - use this status to indicate that a product is up and running with no issues.
- Issue Reported - use this status to indicate that an issue has been reported and is being investigated.
- Outage - use this status to indicate that a product is offline / out of order.
- Scheduled Maintenance - use this status to indicate that a product has upcoming maintenance which may interrupt service.
SSM admins can customize the text and and colors of those statuses, as well as create additional statuses to use. To get started:
- Go to Admin > Systems Status Management.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Scroll down to the Product Status box.
Adding a new status
- Click on the Add a Status button.
- In the Edit Status window, give your status a Name.
- Use the Color Class dropdown to select a color for the status' label.
- You can choose from any of the preset colors, which are previewed below the dropdown.
- Or, select Custom (use the color picker) to select your own background color and text color.
- Optionally, you can enter a Description for your status.
- This will display when a user hovers over the status label on the dashboard, providing them with a brief explanation.
- Click the Save button.
Edit or delete statuses
- To edit the name, color, and/or description for a status, click on its edit () icon in the Actions column.
- To delete a status, click on its trash can () icon.
- If you delete a status that is currently assigned to one or more products, they will revert to the status of "Normal".
- The "Normal" status cannot be deleted (though you can customize it if desired)