Create and edit post types for the Systems Status Management tool
Posts allow you to share updates about products on your dashboards. Although posts can accompany status changes, they can also be created independently. For example, you could create posts to advertise new features.
Each post you create can be assigned a color-coded type, which can help you keep your posts organized while also indicating the nature of the post. For example, you could create a type called "Issue Resolved" that has a green label, or a type called "Access Issue" with an orange label.
Before users can begin assigning types to their posts, SSM admins must first create them. To get create and manage your post types:
- Go to Admin > Systems Status Management.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Scroll down to the Post Types box.
Add and manage post types
- Click on the Add a Post Type button.
- In the Edit Post Type window, give your new type a Name.
- Use the Color Class dropdown to select a color for the status' label.
- You can choose from any of the preset colors, which are previewed below the dropdown.
- Or, select Custom (use the color picker) to select your own background color and text color.
- Click the Save button.
Edit and delete post types
- To modify the name or color of a type, click on its edit () icon in the Actions column.
- To delete a post type, click on its trash can () icon in the Actions column.
- If you delete a type that has been assigned to posts, those posts will become unassigned.