How to create and schedule Facebook posts in LibAnswers
By connecting a Facebook page to one of your queues, you will be able to create posts right from within LibAnswers. Posts, which can include text, a link, and/or an image, can be published immediately or you can choose to schedule them for a future date.
- Admin users: because Admins have admin access to every queue, they can create a Facebook post for any connected Facebook page.
- Regular users: in order to create a Facebook post, Regular users must have either Regular or Admin access to a queue with a connected Facebook page. That will allow them to post only to that page.
To create a new post, and either publish it immediately or schedule it for a future date:
- Click on Social in the LibAnswers navigation bar.
- On the Social Media Activity page, click on the Create button and select Facebook Post from the dropdown menu.
- In the Create Facebook Post window, you may have a choice of which Facebook Page to use.
- If multiple queues are connected to Facebook pages, you can select which Facebook page to use.
- Otherwise, if only one Facebook page is available, its name will display as text.
- In the Post Text box, enter the body text of your post. (Please note that Facebook does not support HTML code in posts.)
- In the Post Link field, you can enter an optional URL to include as a link in your post.
- This will display below your post text.
- If the linked page includes an image, Facebook will include that image as part of the link preview.
- To include an optional image in your post, click and drag the image to the Image Upload area (or click on it to select an image from your computer).
- You can upload a JPG, GIF, or PNG file up to 10.0 MB in size.
- Uploaded images will be displayed as the thumbnail for your post.
- To remove an image, click the Clear File button in the Image Upload area.
- If you are including an image, you can provide a text caption in the Image Caption field.
- If you would like to publish this post on a future date & time, click in the Publish Time field and select your preference using the provided date & time pickers.
- To publish a post immediately, leave this field blank.
- Click the Post to Facebook button.
To edit or cancel scheduled posts:
- Click on the Upcoming Scheduled Posts tab.
- To edit the body text of a post, click on its Edit link. (Please note that links and images cannot be edited.)
- To delete a scheduled post, click on its trash can () icon.
- To view scheduled posts from another queue's Facebook page, select it from the Queue dropdown and click the Update Feed button.
- Depending upon how many scheduled posts are upcoming, you may need to click on the Load more... button to view them all.