A Missed Chat occurs when a patron starts a new chat from an online widget, but the patron ends the chat before an operator answers.
Note: both Regular and Admin users can view any chat transcript in the system.
Viewing missed chat transcripts
To get started, go to LibChat > Missed Chat.
Filtering your missed chats
Use the filters at the top of the page to narrow the missed chats you want to view the transcripts for.
- Email/Phone: use this field to filter by the email address or phone number that was input by the patron in the Contact Info field.
- Transcript Text: use this field to filter by keywords in the transcript of a chat.
- Department: use this field to filter missed chats to a specific department that is monitoring any chat widget(s). Select "View All" to include missed chats from any department.
- Owner: not directly applicable for missed chats as no chat operators can claim a missed chat -- any claimed/answered chats will be logged in the Transcripts.
- Note: missed chats for chat widgets being monitored by an individual operator will have an owner and can be filtered to with this field.
- Tag: use this field to filter to specific tags that have been assigned to missed chats.
- Rating: not applicable for missed chats as no ratings can be given for chats that never started.
- Widget: use this filed to filter missed chats to a specific widget that is receiving chats. Select "View All" to include missed chats from any widget.
- Asked from and To: use these date fields to filter missed chats by their submission dates, using the Asked from field to specify a start date and the To field to specify an end date.
- To apply your filters, click the Filter button.
- To reset all fields to default, click the Clear Filter link.
Viewing a missed chat's transcript
- After filtering, you will be able to view the missed chat's transcript by clicking on the View Transcript () icon in the Actions column.
- On the View Transcript modal, you can view the transcript of the chat along with specific details about the user and how they submitted the chat. Details include:
- Name: the name that was input by the user.
- Contact: the email address or phone number that was input by the user if they were prompted to complete the Contact Info field when the started the chat.
- Visitor's Address: the IP address of the user.
- Browser: the browser used by the user.
- Operating System : the OS used by the user.
- User Agent: any details about the user agent -- like browser type.
- Launched from: the URL of the page that the chat was started on.
- via Widget: the chat widget that was used to start the chat.
- Department: the department monitoring the widget, or the department that was selected by the user if multiple departments were available for selection via the widget.
- Answerer: not applicable for missed chats.
- Started Chatting: the time that the chat was initiated.
- Wait Time: the amount of time the user waited before they ended the chat.
- Client Rating: not applicable for missed chats.
- Client Comment: not applicable for missed chats.
- Initial Question: the text of the question/initial message that was submitted by the user.
- If you want to add tags to the missed chat, choose them from the Select Tags to Add dropdown and click the Add Tags button.
- Adding tags can be helpful to quickly sort/filter missed chats to look for trends in why certain chats are missed. Tags are also included in the Client/Staff statistics report.
- Click the Open in New Page to View/Edit/Print button, if you would like to edit or print the transcript.
- Use the View Previous Transcript and View Next Transcript buttons to quickly jump between transcripts.