Viewing a LibChat transcript
Transcripts are recorded for any chat that a patron starts and a user monitoring chat has claimed.
Note: both Regular and Admin users can view any chat transcript in the system.
Viewing chat transcripts
To get started, go to LibChat > Transcripts.
Filtering your transcripts
Use the filters at the top of the page to narrow the chats you want to view the transcripts for.
- If your LibAnswers site has departments and chat widgets that are also monitored by shared sites, you can choose to include chats answered by the shared sites with this checkbox.
- Email/Phone: use this field to filter by the email address or phone number that was input by the patron in the Contact Info field.
- Transcript Text: use this field to filter by keywords in the transcript of a chat.
- Department: use this field to filter chats to a specific department that is monitoring any chat widget(s). Select "View All" to include chats from any department.
- Owner: use this field to filter chats to the owner/answerer. Select "View All" to include chats owned by any user.
- Rating: use this field to filter chats based on the rating that the patron gave to the chat, if they gave one, after the chat was complete. Select "View All" to include all ratings.
- Widget: use this field to filter chats to a specific widget that is receiving chats. Select "View All" to include chats from any widget.
- Asked from and To: use these date fields to filter chats by their submission dates, using the Asked from field to specify a start date and the To field to specify an end date.
- To apply your filters, click the Filter button.
- To reset all fields to default, click the Clear Filter link.
Viewing a chat's transcript
- After filtering, you will be able to view the chat's transcript by clicking on the View Transcript () icon in the Actions column.
- On the View Transcript modal, you can view the transcript of the chat along with specific details about the user and how they submitted the chat. Details include:
- Name: the name that was input by the user.
- Contact: the email address or phone number that was input by the user if they were prompted to complete the Contact Info field when the started the chat.
- Visitor's Address: the IP address of the user.
- Browser: the browser used by the user.
- Operating System : the OS used by the user.
- User Agent: any details about the user agent -- like browser type.
- Launched from: the URL of the page that the chat was started on.
- via Widget: the chat widget that was used to start the chat.
- Department: the department monitoring the widget, or the department that was selected by the user if multiple departments were available for selection via the widget.
- Answerer: the operator that answered the chat.
- Started Chatting: the time that the chat was initiated.
- Wait Time: the amount of time the user waited before an operator claimed the chat.
- Chatting Duration: the amount of time spent chatting with the user before the chat was ended.
- Screensharing: if you've added the Screensharing & Webinars module to LibAnswers, this will indicate if a screensharing session was requested by the operator during the chat.
- Screenshare duration: this will indicate how long a screensharing session lasted. The duration begins when the operator signs into the screensharing session as the host and finishes when they end the meeting (in other words, the amount of time spent in the screensharing meeting room). If a screenshare was requested but the session was never started by the chat operator, then the duration will be 0.
- Internal Note: shows the internal note, if one was left, added by the operator when the chat ended.
- Client Rating: the rating given, if one was, when the chat ended.
- Client Comment: any comments that were submitted after the chat ended.
- Custom Question fields: if any custom questions have been added to the Login View for the chat widget, the responses (if the user completed them) are included.
- Initial Question: the text of the question/initial message that was submitted by the user.
- Ticket Id: the ID of the ticket, if one was created, from the chat.
- Click the Open in New Page for Printing button, if you would like to print the transcript.
- Use the View Previous Transcript and View Next Transcript buttons to quickly jump between transcripts.