Transcripts are recorded for any chat that a patron starts and a user monitoring chat has claimed. When necessary, Admin users have the ability to edit the text and patron names in individual chat transcripts.
Editing chat transcripts
To get started, go to LibChat > Transcripts.
Filtering your transcripts
Use the filters at the top of the page to narrow the transcripts you want to edit.
- Include chats from local widgets/depts answered by shared sites: if your LibAnswers site has departments and chat widgets that are also monitored by shared sites, you can choose to include chats answered by the shared sites with this checkbox.
- Email/Phone: use this field to filter by the email address or phone number that was input by the patron in the Contact Info field.
- Transcript Text: use this field to filter by keywords in the transcript of a chat.
- Department: use this field to filter chats to a specific department that is monitoring any chat widget(s). Select "View All" to include chats from any department.
- Owner: use this field to filter chats to the owner/answerer. Select "View All" to include chats owned by any user.
- Tag: use this field to filter chats based on their assigned tags.
- Rating: use this field to filter chats based on the rating that the patron gave to the chat, if they gave one, after the chat was complete. Select "View All" to include all ratings.
- Widget: use this field to filter chats to a specific widget that is receiving chats. Select "View All" to include chats from any widget.
- Asked from and To: use these date fields to filter chats by their submission dates, using the Asked from field to specify a start date and the To field to specify an end date.
- Answered by Co-Op: if your library belongs to a co-op, use this field to filter chats that were answered by the co-op.
- Screensharing: if your library subscribes to the screensharing add-on for LibChat, use this field to filter chats by whether or not a screensharing session was used.
- To apply your filters, click the Filter button.
- To reset all fields to default, click the Clear link.
Editing a chat's transcript
- After filtering, you will be able to view the chat's transcript by clicking on the Link to Transcript () icon in the Actions column. The transcript will open in a new window.
- Click the Edit Transcript button when viewing the transcript.
- If desired, you can search and replace text within the transcript. This can be helpful, for example, if you need to redact any personal information the patron may have shared during the chat, like a phone number or ID number.
- Enter the text you want to find in the Search for field and click the Search button. This will highlight the text in the transcript.
- Enter the replacement text in the Replace with field and click the Replace button. This will replace all instances of the text in the Search for field with the text in the Replace with field. (Leave the Replace With field blank to delete the text in the Search for field.)
- You can also choose to anonymize this individual transcript. Just click on the Convert patron name to "Patron" button to replace the patron's name with just the word "Patron".
- Want to anonymize all of your future chats? You can enable this in your LibChat Settings.
- Save your changes.