In This Article
Analyzing and exporting LibChat statistics
Viewing your LibChat statistics
To get started, go to LibChat > Statistics.
Use the filters at the top of the page to narrow the chats you want to analyze.
- Include chats from local widgets/depts answered by shared sites: if your LibAnswers site has departments and chat widgets that are also monitored by shared sites, you can choose to include chats answered by the shared sites with this checkbox.
- Email/Phone: use this field to filter by the email address or phone number that was input by the patron in the Contact Info field.
- Transcript Text: use this field to filter by keywords in the transcript of a chat.
- Department: use this field to filter chats to a specific department that is monitoring any chat widget(s). Select "View All" to include chats from any department.
- Owner: use this field to filter chats to the owner/answerer. Select "View All" to include chats owned by any user.
- Tag: use this field to filter chats based on their assigned tags.
- Rating: use this field to filter chats based on the rating that the patron gave to the chat, if they gave one, after the chat was complete. Select "View All" to include all ratings.
- Widget: use this field to filter chats to a specific widget that is receiving chats. Select "View All" to include chats from any widget.
- Asked from and To: use these date fields to filter chats by their submission dates, using the Asked from field to specify a start date and the To field to specify an end date.
- Status: use this field to show only missed chats, only answered chats, or both.
- Answered by Co-Op: if your library belongs to a co-op, use this field to filter chats that were answered by the co-op.
- Screensharing: if you library subscribes to the screensharing addon for LibChat, use this field to filter chats by whether or not a screensharing session was used.
- To apply your filters, click the Filter button.
- To reset all fields to default, click the Clear Filter link.
After filtering and selecting Distributions, you will be able to view the following reports:
- Monthly Breakdown: view a month-by-month report of chats that are answered or missed.
- Daily Distribution: view a day-by-day report of the day of the week that chats that are answered or missed.
- Hourly Distribution: view an hour-by-hour report for the hour of the day that chats are submitted.
- Daily/Hourly Distribution Table: view hourly chat distributions for each day of the week in the time period selected.
After filtering and selecting Browser/OS & Referrer Information, you will be able to view the following reports:
- Browsers: view a breakdown of the browser used by the user to start the chat.
- Operating Systems: view a breakdown of the operating system used by the user to start the chat.
- Widget Statistics: view a breakdown of which widgets were used to start a chat.
After filtering and selecting Clients/Staff, you will be able to view the following reports:
- Chat Messages: provides you with a summary of your chat activity, including the total number of messages sent; total time chatting; the average chat duration; and average wait times.
- Client Ratings: provides a summary of the ratings provided by your patrons after each chat, as well as an overall average rating. This can help you evaluate the quality of your chat service.
- Answerer Statistics: summarizes the number of chats answered by each user (users with no chats are excluded from the report).
- Department Statistics: summarizes the number of chats sent to each department. This report includes a stacked bar chart, which breaks down the total number chats by status (answered and missed).
To export the currently filtered statistics report, click the Export Statistics button.
This will generate and download a CSV containing the data tables from your Distribution, Browser/OS & Referrer Information (including referring URLs), and Clients/Staff reports.