How to claim and reply to SMS messages from the LibChat dashboard
From the Chats tab, you can view, claim, and reply to SMS messages sent to your monitored queues directly within LibChat
Just like with chats submitted through your LibChat widget, each new SMS message will appear in the Patron Chats list when they arrive (you'll also receive notifications if you have them enabled in your settings). Outside of LibChat, these will still be listed in your queue's tickets and be viewed via your LibAnswers dashboard and/or Knowledge Base Explorer.
Claim and reply to SMS messages
You can claim and reply tickets submitted via SMS without having to leave the LibChat dashboard.
- SMS messages will have a phone icon (). Click on a ticket to view its details.
- Click the Claim Ticket button to claim the ticket and begin replying.
- Enter your message in the text box.
- To insert one of your canned SMS messages, click on the Canned Messages button.
- To find and insert a link to an FAQ in your knowledge base, click on the FAQ.
- Click the Send Message button.