In This Article
Adding users from your library to a LibChat co-op
Similar to your local chat departments, each user must first be given access to a co-op before they can monitor and answer chats. This can be done by one of your library's Institution Admin users.
|Account level||Monitor & answer co-op chats||View transcripts from co-op chats||View co-op chat stats||View co-op chat feedback||Add/edit user accounts to co-op|
|Regular||Yes||Yes, but only for chats they answer||Yes, but only for chats they answer||Yes, but only for chats they answer||No|
|Institution Admin||Yes||Yes, for all users from their institution||Yes, for all users from their institution||Yes, for all users from their institution||Yes, but only from their home institution.
Can only assign the Regular or Institution Admin levels to these users.
|Co-Op Admin||Yes||Yes, for all institutions in the co-op||Yes, for all institutions in the co-op||Yes, for all institutions in the co-op||Yes, from any institution in their co-op.
Is the only user who can assign the Co-Op Admin level to other users in their co-op.
Remember: these permissions only determine a user's role within a co-op. A user must still have LibChat access enabled in their local LibAnswers account in order to log into your institution's LibChat dashboard. Access to your local chat departments is still set by your local LibAnswers admin users.
Adding a local user to a co-op
If you're an Institution Admin for your library, you can add other users from your library to the co-op.
- Log into your local LibAnswers site and click on LibChat in the navigation bar.
- From the dropdown, select the Login link for the co-op you want to add users to.
- From your co-op dashboard, go to Admin > Accounts.
- On the Manage Accounts page, click on the Add New Account tab.
- For each user you want to add, select the checkbox next to their name.
- Then, at the bottom of the page, select the Level to assign to their account. (See the table above for an overview.)
- Note: Institution Admins can only assign users to the Regular or Institution Admin account levels.
- You can only assign one account level at a time. If you need to assign Regular to some users and Instituion Admin to others, do one account level first. Then, repeat the process for the other accounts.
- If a user does not have at least Regular-level access, they will be unable to monitor chats from the co-op.
- Click the Add Accounts button.