In This Article
How to edit your personal co-op user account info
When your account has been added to a co-op, you'll have a user profile that is separate from the one you use in your local LibAnswers site. This allows you to use a different nickname and profile image than what you use when chatting with your own library's patrons (that can still be customized in your local LibAnswers user account).
Your co-op user account also has options for providing your contact information, subject specialties, and education/experience. This info is never displayed to patrons; rather, it provides a way for your co-op's admins to contact you if necessary.
To edit your co-op user account:
- Log into your local LibAnswers site and click on LibChat in the navigation bar.
- From the dropdown, select the Login link for the co-op you want to add users to.
- Once logged into the co-op dashboard, click on your email address in the navigation bar.
- On the Edit Account page, you can customize the following options:
- Nickname: this is the name that patrons will see when chatting with you.
- Profile Image: choose whether to display the profile image from your LibApps user account, or a generic profile image when chatting with patrons.
- Profile Image Background Color: use the color picker to select a background color for the your profile image, or enter the HEX value for a specific color.
- If displaying the your LibApps profile image, this color will appear as a border around it.
- If displaying the generic profile image, this will change the color of the entire image.
- Full Address: this allows you to add a mailing address. This is not visible to patrons -- it is only visible to you and admin users in the co-op.
- Office Phone #: this allows you to add a contact phone number. This is not visible to patrons -- it is only visible to you and admin users in the co-op.
- Subject Specialties: this allows you to list your subject specialties. This is not visible to patrons -- it is only visible to you and admin users in the co-op.
- Education / Experience: this allows you to list any relevant education/degrees or experience. This is not visible to patrons -- it is only visible to you and admin users in the co-op.
- When finished, click the Save button.