When you answer a chat from another library in your co-op, staff at that library can view the transcript and provide you with feedback. This can be helpful for assessing the quality of co-op chats, while also helping co-op staff to learn and improve. For example, a local librarian could use the feedback feature to explain a local policy or collection that could have helped answer the patron's question. This knowledge can then help co-op staff utilize those resources better in the future.
Feedback is added to your co-op's QA Feedback page where the librarian that answered the chat and the co-op's admins can review it and respond to the original feedback if a reply is needed. It is also emailed directly to the co-op librarian that answered the chat.
Co-op admins are able to view all feedback on this page, Institution admins can view feedback for any librarian in their institutional group, and regular-level users can view feedback for chats that they have answered.
View QA feedback
- Log into your local LibAnswers site and click on LibChat in the navigation bar.
- From the dropdown, select the Login link for the co-op you want to add users to.
- Once you're logged into the co-op, click on QA Feedback in the navigation bar.
- On the Feedback page, use the filters to narrow or expand the feedback responses.
- Operator: if you are a Regular user, you will only be able to view feedback for the chats you answered. If you are an Institution Admin or Co-Op Admin, select the "Me" option to view feedback for the chats you personally answered, or select "Everyone" to view chats for all users in your co-ops.
- Institution: use this to include or exclude chats from specific co-ops.
- Given from & to: use these fields to display feedback provided during a specific date range.
- Click on the Filter button to apply your changes.
- Click on the Clear link to reset the filters to their default settings.
- Below the filters, you'll find a data table listing all of the feedback matching your filter criteria.
- Search: enter text in this field to further narrow the list to matching records.
- Date: this column displays the date and time stamp of when the feedback was submitted (this is not the date & time the chat was answered).
- Institution: this column displays the institution providing the feedback.
- Chat Thread: click the link in this column to view the corresponding chat transcript and details. The transcript will open in a modal window over the page.
- Admin Name: this is the name of the person who left the feedback from that institution.
- Operator: this is the name and institution of the staff member who owned the chat.
- Comments: if the person left a comment, it will display here.
- Rating: if the person selected a numeric rating for the chat (with 1 being bad and 4 being excellent), it will display here.
- View Full Thread: click this link to view the full thread of feedback and add additional replies of your own to threads you are participating in on the modal that opens.
- The link to view a thread will only be present when at least one reply to the original feedback has been added.
- Admins can view all ongoing threads, but can only add their own feedback replies from here to threads they are a part of.
- When one or more replies have been added to the feedback, the most recent reply will be displayed below the original comment.
Reply to feedback
When a co-op operator has received feedback, either from librarians at the chat's originating institution or from co-op admins, the operator can respond to that feedback when a reply is needed. Co-op and institution admins can respond to replies from co-op operators on feedback threads that they initiated.
Feedback threads are two-way -- meaning they can occur between a co-op operator and a co-op admin or operator and a librarian from the originating institution.
Note: co-op operators and admins can also reply to feedback from the co-op's Transcripts page.
To reply to feedback from the QA Feedback page:
- Click on the View Full Thread link for the chat.
- Reminder: admins will see this link for all feedback comments that have replies, but can only reply to threads that they started.
- On the Feedback modal enter your reply.
- The full thread of feedback/replies is displayed on the modal. Comments from admins will include an Admin label and previous comments from the co-op operator will include an Operator label.
- Click Save Reply to send your response.