In This Article
Viewing a co-op's chat transcripts
The transcript for each chat answered by a co-op is retained in the LibAnswers system of the patron's home institution. That allows the staff at the originating institution to review and manage the transcripts for co-op chats just like the chats they've answered locally. They even have the ability to provide feedback on chats answered by the co-op.
Although transcripts are stored and managed in each local LibAnswers system, they can still be viewed by co-op staff via the co-op's Transcripts page.
- Regular users can view transcripts only for the chats they answered.
- Institution Admin users can view transcripts only for chats answered by their home institution.
- Co-Op Admin users can view transcripts for chats answered by any institution in their co-op.
Viewing chat transcripts
- Log into your local LibAnswers site and click on LibChat in the navigation bar.
- From the dropdown, select the Login link for the co-op you want to add users to.
- From the co-op dashboard, click on Transcripts in the navigation bar.
Filtering your transcripts
Use the filters at the top of the page to narrow the chats you want to view the transcripts for.
- Transcript Text: use this field to filter by keywords in the transcript of a chat.
- Institution: use this filter to include chats originating from specific institutions within the co-op. Choose "Select All" to include chats from all institutions.
- Rating: use this field to filter chats based on the rating that the patron gave to the chat, if they gave one, after the chat was complete. Select "View All" to include all ratings.
- Asked from... To: use these date fields to filter chats by their submission dates, using the Asked from field to specify a start date and the To field to specify an end date.
After making your changes, click the Filter button to apply your filters and update the list. To reset all fields to the default settings, click the Clear link.
Viewing a chat's transcript
- After filtering, you will be able to view the chat's transcript by clicking on the View Transcript () icon in the Actions column.
- In the View Chat Thread modal, you can view the transcript of the chat along with specific details about the user and how they submitted the chat. Details include:
- Name: the name that was input by the user.
- Contact: the email address or phone number that was input by the user if they were prompted to complete the Contact Info field when the started the chat.
- Visitor's Address: the IP address of the user.
- Browser: the browser used by the user.
- Operating System : the OS used by the user.
- User Agent: any details about the user agent -- like browser type.
- Launched from: the URL of the page that the chat was started on.
- via Widget: the chat widget that was used to start the chat.
- Department: not applicable to chats answered by the co-op.
- Answerer: the operator that answered the chat.
- Started Chatting: the time that the chat was initiated.
- Wait Time: the amount of time the user waited before an operator claimed the chat.
- Chatting Duration: the amount of time spent chatting with the user before the chat was ended.
- Screensharing: not applicable to chats answered by the co-op (this will appear in transcripts if the originating institution subscribes to the Screensharing & Webinars module to LibAnswers).
- Screenshare duration: not applicable to chats answered by the co-op.
- Internal Note: shows the internal note, if one was left, added by the operator when the chat ended.
- Client Rating: the rating given, if one was, when the chat ended.
- Client Comment: any comments that were submitted after the chat ended.
- Custom Question fields: if any custom questions have been added to the Login View for the chat widget, the responses (if the user completed them) are included.
- Initial Question: the text of the question/initial message that was submitted by the user, if any.
- When finished, click the Close button to return to the Transcripts list.