The same tags you use to categorize your tickets can now be added to patron chats, as well. Tags can be added any time during a chat, automatically when a canned message (that has tags assigned to it) is used during the chat, or afterward via the LibChat > Transcripts page.
By tagging your chats, you will be able to easily filter your transcripts, missed chats, and chat statistics by tag. This can help you more closely review and analyze chats by type or topic, for example.
Add tags during a chat
- While chatting with a patron, click on the Add Tags () button in the upper-right corner of the chat window.
- In the Add/Edit Tags window, expand the Select Tags to Add dropdown and select the checkbox next to each tag you want to add.
- Click the Add Tags button.
- Assigned tags will display under Current Tags. Click on the minus () icon next to a tag to unassign it.
- When finished, click the Close button.
Add tags from a canned message
When a canned message is used during the chat that includes tags, those tags will be automatically added to the chat. If you do not want to include the tags that are auto-assigned via the canned message, you can remove them from the chat using the above instructions during the chat, and the below instructions after the chat has ended.
Add tags from the New Chats tab
For ongoing chats, tags can be added from the New Chats tab on the LibAnswers dashboard by any user that can view that chat -- you don't have to be the owner of the chat. Clicking on the Quick Transcript View () icon for a chat will open the View Transcript modal where tags can be added.
Add & manage tags after a chat
In addition to adding tags during a chat, you can also view, add, and remove tags by going to LibChat > Transcripts.