The Reply Timer is a feature that can help you prioritize tickets that are in need of a reply. When enabled, this timer will display on the Dashboard for new tickets awaiting an initial reply, as well as open tickets where the last reply was from the patron. It will count down starting from the Last Updated time for a duration that you can customize in the queue's settings.
For example, if you have a goal of replying to all tickets within 24 hours, the reply timer will indicate how much time is left to meet that goal. The timer is color-coded, as well. When it first starts, it will have a green background.
Once it enters a certain window of time (which you can customize), it will turn yellow to warn staff that time is about to run out.
If the ticket is not replied to in time, then it will turn red and begin counting how long it's overdue. For example, if your goal is 24 hours, but it took 36 hours to reply, then the timer would turn red and show 12 hours.
The reply timer can be enabled and customized separately for each queue in your system. If a queue has the reply timer disabled, then new & open tickets from that queue will not display a timer.
Setting up a queue's reply timer
- Go to Admin > Queues.
- Locate the queue you want to customize and click on its Edit () icon in the Actions column.
- Under the General tab, in the Reply Timer panel, set the Timer Enabled dropdown to Yes.
- In the Hours to reply field, enter the number of hours users have to reply to a ticket.
- In other words, this is where the timer starts counting down from.
- The Hours until warning field controls when the timer turns yellow, indicating time is almost up.
- For example, if you enter a value of 2, then the timer will turn yellow when there are two hours or less remaining in the Hours to reply limit.
- Click the Save button.
You can return to this page at any time to edit these settings. If you would like to turn the timer off, simply set the Timer Enabled dropdown to No and click the Save button.