By default, the first and last name from your LibApps user account will display when chatting with patrons, responding to tickets, and on FAQs that you own. If you would prefer to display an alias instead of your real name, you can set a nickname in your LibAnswers account settings -- choosing to use the nickname for LibChat only or for ticket replies and public pages as well.
When using a nickname for LibChat and when you've chosen to enable the use of a nickname for ticket replies/on public pages, please keep in mind the following:
- The nickname will be only be displayed in patron-facing interactions -- in the chat widget, when a patron requests a transcript, on ticket replies to the patron, and on public FAQs that you own.
- You, and other operators monitoring LibChat, will still see your real name in the LibChat dashboard, as well as when viewing chat transcripts. It will also be recorded when adding chats to Reference Analytics or creating tickets from chats.
- You and other LibAnswers users will still see your real name in ticket threads in LibAnswers, as well as when emailing internal notes and transfers to others. It will also be shown as the ticket owner.
- You and other LibAnswers users will still see your real name on FAQs that you own when viewing them in edit mode and from the Knowledge Base Explorer: FAQ Entries.
To adjust the nickname for an account:
- Access your account settings, by clicking on your email address in the command bar.
- If you are a regular-level user, you can also go to Admin > Account.
- Or, if you are an Admin user, you can go to Admin > Accounts and edit any account from that page.
- On the Manage Account page, enter the alias you want to use in the Nickname field.
- Leave this field empty if you do not want to use a nickname.
- To also use your nickname for your ticket replies and on public pages, click the Use nickname for ticket replies and public pages checkbox.
- When this option is unchecked, your nickname will only be used for chatting with patrons in LibChat.
- Scroll down and click the Save button at the bottom of the page.