The Auto Reply Email feature in a queue's Email settings allows you to control whether a patron receives an automatic confirmation email upon submitting a ticket via email or via the question form for the queue. When active, patrons will automatically get an email upon ticket submission to the queue. When inactive, patrons will only receive a confirmation email via the question form if they manually select the option to receive confirmation, and patrons submitting tickets directly via email will not receive a confirmation email.
To give further control over when the automatic response is sent out for new tickets, you can choose to have the confirmation sent for all new ticket submissions, only during the off-hours set for the queue, or during a defined date range (best used when your institution is closed for multiple, consecutive days).
Additionally, the subject and body of the email confirmation can be fully customized via the queue's Email Templates.
To access a queue's Email settings go to Admin > Queues > Edit Queue () icon for the queue > Email tab.
Activate the Email Auto Reply
On the Email tab for the queue that you want to set up automatic email confirmations for, scroll down to the Email Auto Reply panel. From here:
- In the Email Auto Reply panel set the radio button to Active.
- Select the Auto-Reply Setting that is most appropriate for your sending preferences.
- Always Active: A confirmation email will go out for every ticket submission (including SMS tickets) in the queue.
- Active Only During Off-Hours: A confirmation email will go out for every ticket submission sent during your defined off-hours.
- Outside of the queue's off-hours, the email confirmation will not be sent (unless the patron chooses to have one sent manually for question form submissions).
- Active When Scheduled: A confirmation email will go out for every ticket submission sent during your defined date range set out below.
- After the end date for the scheduled range, the email confirmation will no longer be sent.
- Click Save.
Set the off-hours schedule
If you have chosen the Active Only During Off-Hours setting for the email confirmation, you need to also configure the off-hours for the queue (that is also used by the Success Message for question form submissions) from the General Settings panel on the Question Form tab while editing the queue.
To set the off-hours schedule:
- Enter the hours that you are open or available for each day of the week from Monday to Sunday.
- Enter your times using a 24-hour format with only whole numbers (so no half or quarter hours).
- For example, if you are available on Monday from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m., you would enter 9 and 22 respectively.
- With these hours, the automatic email confirmation will be sent for tickets that are submitted overnight from 10 p.m. to 8:59 a.m.
- If you are closed for a particular day, enter 24 as both the "From" and "To" time.
- With these hours, automatic responses will be sent for the entire day.
- Click Save.
- The Off-Hours Success Message is used and displayed on-screen for question form submissions made during the off-hours selected.
Set auto-reply schedule
If you have chosen the Active When Scheduled setting for the email confirmation, you need to configure the date range for when email confirmations will start being sent and when they will end.
When selecting starting and ending dates for the schedule, please be aware that auto-replies will be sent out for any new tickets submitted after midnight on the starting date and end at midnight for the ending date -- with the auto-reply function being set back to inactive afterward. As an example, a start date of January 1 and an end date of January 5, will trigger auto-replies to be sent out from January 1 at 12:00 am through January 4 at 11:59 pm.
To configure the schedule:
- After selecting the Active When Scheduled setting, click the Schedule Auto Reply button.
- On the Schedule Auto Reply modal, select the Start Date and End Date for the schedule.
- Click the Confirm button to save the schedule.
- The schedule selected will be automatically saved and displayed on-screen.
- If you need to make changes to the schedule, click the Schedule Auto Reply button and adjust the dates as needed.
Deactivate email auto-replies
In the event that you want to stop automated email confirmations from being sent, you can do so by toggling the Auto Reply Email setting to Inactive. While the setting is inactive, no email confirmations will be sent to patrons unless they've chosen to receive one on their own for question form submissions (no confirmations of any kind will be sent for email-based ticket submissions).