To create and manage your LibAuth profiles, go to LibApps > Admin > LibAuth Authentication.
Before setting up your new Symphony configuration, you'll want to work with your IT staff on the following:
- We use the Symphony Web Services API to talk to your Symphony server and allow patrons to log in via LibAuth. Please consult Symphony documentation or support to enable this service in your instance of Symphony.
- Obtain the URL for your Symphony API and your Symphony Client Identifier.
Adding a SirsiDynix Symphony configuration
- If you have not yet created a LibAuth configuration, skip to Step 2. Otherwise, click on the Add Configuration button to create another one.
- Below the Search for Your Institution dropdown, click on the Manual Configuration link.
- Select SirsiDynix as your authentication protocol.
- In the Symphony URL field, enter the URL for your Symphony API.
- In the Client Identifier field, enter your Symphony Client ID.
- If your system will return a message other than
+OKfor successful authentications, enter it in the Return Text field.
- Give your configuration a name.
- If you'd like, you can also provide notes or details about this configuration for your reference.
- Select "Yes" or "No" to indicate if you would like to use your LibAuth configuration to sign into LibApps.
- This will give users the option of signing into LibApps using either their LibApps username & password, or via Symphony.
- Please note that this does not replace the LibApps login page.
- Click the Save Configuration button.