Replacing or deleting a security certificate for a custom domain name
Let's Encrypt certificates
- If you are using a free Let's Encrypt certificate, Springshare will automatically take care of renewing your certificates prior to their expiration dates. However, you do have the ability to upload and install your own security certificate at any time. Doing so will automatically replace your Let's Encrypt certificate.
- If you wish to switch from your own certificate to a Let's Encrypt certificate, please contact Springy Support.
Your own certificates
- Springshare will automatically send a reminder email to the LibApps admin when a certificate is within 60 days of expiring. To replace your existing certificate, simply upload a new one. Your new certificate will be installed within 1 business day, replacing the current one automatically.
- If your certificate is within one week of expiring, we will automatically replace it with a free Let's Encrypt certificate to ensure no loss of HTTPS coverage.
- If you would prefer to switch from your own certificate to a Let's Encrypt certificate, there's nothing more you need to do! Once the certificate approaches its expiration date, we will automatically replace it with a free Let's Encrypt certificate for you. (Don't want to wait until your own certificate expires? Please contact the Springy Support team for assistance.)