Setting up group permissions in your LibAuth configuration
With group permissions, you can further restrict access to only certain groups of users. For example, you could create a group that applies to only faculty users. When you apply that group to a category of spaces, then only faculty would be able to book those spaces. You can currently create group permissions for the following authentication types:
Each group you create can check one or more attributes from your authentication system. If a user meets one of the allowed values, then authentication will be successful.
- From the LibApps Dashboard, go to Admin > LibAuth Authentication.
- Click on the Edit () icon in the Action column for the configuration you want to manage.
- Click on the Group Permissions tab.
Adding a group
- Click on the Add Group button.
- Give your group a descriptive name.
- Enter the name of the first attribute you want to check against. Your IT staff can provide you with the name of specific attributes in your authentication system.
- Enter one or more acceptable values for that attribute (one per line). Again, your IT staff can provide you with the names of allowed values for a particular attribute.
- Alternatively, click on the Select CSV button to upload a CSV file containing the allowed values. This CSV file should contain a single column, with one value per line.
- You can also specify the URL of a hosted CSV file, instead of uploading it.
- To add additional attributes to this rule, click the Add Attribute button and repeat Steps 3-4.
- Remember: for authentication to be successful, a user just has to match an allowed value for any one of the attributes.
- Save your changes.
- To verify that your group is working as expected, click on the Test Group button.
- You will then be prompted to sign into your authentication system.
- Once you're signed in, you'll be presented with debug info confirming whether or not you met the group requirement.
- To modify your group's configuration, click on the Edit Group button.
- To permanently remove a group, click on the Delete Group button.