- From the LibApps Dashboard, go to Admin > LibAuth Authentication.
- Click on the Edit () icon in the Action column for the configuration you want to manage.
Testing your configuration
After creating or modifying your LibAuth configuration, it's always a good idea to test it. This will confirm whether or not LibAuth can connect to your authentication system and that your system is returning the necessary attributes to LibAuth. The testing tool will provide debugging info that you can use to troubleshoot any issues.
- Enter the card number you use for logging into your ILS.
- Enter the PIN you use for logging into your ILS.
- Click the Test button.
- Review the test results.
- If the test was successful, a confirmation message will display showing you the data retrieved for each attribute.
- If the test was unsuccessful, you will be presented with debug information that explains the issue. Use this to help troubleshoot any issues with your configuration.
What if I can't log in?
- Double check that you entered your card number and PIN correctly.
- Confirm that your IT staff opened your SIP2 server port to our server's IP address.
- Confirm that you entered the correct host name or IP address for your SIP 2 server.
- Confirm that you selected the correct port for your SIP2 server.
- If you use III's Sierra and experience login issues, please note that Innovative must activate the CQ field, which indicates whether a patron password is valid, before you can use LibAuth via a SIP2 connection.
- Pay your library fines! ;) LibAuth automatically denies access via SIP2 to cardholders that have "charge privileges denied". (Generally, this is due to unpaid fines or fees, but can vary from library to library.)