Skip to Main Content
Add or edit an EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) search source
- From the LibApps dashboard, go to Admin > Search Sources.
- Click the Add Search Source button or click the Edit Source () icon in the Actions column to configure an existing search source.
- On the Add/Edit Search Source page, configure general settings for the EDS search source. Including:
- Name: appears on the search results page. For the Tabbed search, it's the name of the tab. For the Bento search, it's the name of the box.
- Description (optional): appears above the search results.
- Set up the EBSCO API Settings. Note: If you are unsure of any of these settings/values, or you are not sure where to find them, then you can check EBSCO's documentation or check with their support team.
- EBSCO API username: Obtained from EBSCO.
- EBSCO API password: Obtained from EBSCO.
- EBSCO profile id: Obtained from EBSCO.
- Full Search URL: This is where users go when they click the "View More Results" link in the Bento layout. It's EBSCO's interface, not your LibGuides or LibAnswers interface (since the user is already on that page). Users click that link & we send them to the EBSCO's interface, passing along the search query.
- Limiter: Allows you to limit results to certain attributes -- Catalog only, Full text, or Available in library collection.
- Optionally check the option to limit to peer-reviewed results only.
- Source Types: Allows you to limit to certain content types, like journals or ebooks.
- You can select more than one source type. To select multiple types, press CTRL and click on the values.
- Click Save.