Subjects, metadata, and the LibApps LTI tool
Subject categories are utilized by the LibApps Automagic LTI tool. When the metadata for a course in your Learning Management System (LMS) matches the metadata for one of your LibGuides subject categories, the Library LTI page can display a link to related databases as well as the experts for that subject.
Manage assigned metadata
To view, add, and remove guides from a subject category:
- Go to Admin > Metadata & URLs.
- Under the Subjects tab, click on the subject's Edit () icon in the Actions column.
- In the Add/Edit Subject window, click on the Metadata tab.
- To edit an existing metadata item's Name or Value, click on it to reveal a text field and enter your changes.
- Enable a metadata item's Public checkbox to make it available to search engines or other data harvesting services. (You do not need to make a metadata item public in order to use it with the LibApps LTI Tool.)
- To delete a metadata item, click on its Delete button in the Actions column.
- To add a new metadata item, click on the "Empty" value in the Add Record row's Name column. Once you add a name, you will then be able to add a value to it.
- Click on the Save button.