We use Canvas - can I change the placements or privacy options for the LTI tool?
We've sometimes heard from folks that they'd prefer the Automagic tool be an opt in item for course navigation vs. the default action of having it automatically listed in the nav of every course. This is definitely an option, as well as modifying other settings, but you have to use the EduAppCenter site to do it. The EduAppCenter was created by Instructure, the folks who created Canvas.
You can also use this option for the Manual tool, in order change the privacy setting or force links to open in a new window, for example.
- Go to the EduAppCenter site.
- If you have an account, log in.
- If you don't have an account, create one & log in.
- Click Admin > Configurations.
- Click Create > From XML Config URL.
- Enter your LibApps Automagic LTI Config URL into the text box that appears at the top & click Import.
- Fill out / modify the options on the form:
- Unique Identifier is required and can be anything you want.
- Extension: Course Navigation:
- You don't need to add the Launch URL here, as it's already listed in the top section of the form.
- If you don't want to send the user's name / email address (we don't currently use these fields in our tools), change the Visibility option to Anonymous.
- If you want to make the navigation item opt-in, go to the Extension: Course Navigation section and check off the Disabled by default? box.
- If you want it to open in a new window vs. the same window, check off the "Open in a new tab" box.
- Click Save - at the top of the form.
- Copy the XML for your saved configuration.
- Install the LTI tool in Canvas using the "Paste XML" option instead of the "By URL" option.