To manage your email settings, go to Admin > System Settings > Email Settings.
The Email Sending Method allows you to choose how your outgoing emails are sent. There are two options:
- Default: if you select this option, outgoing emails will be sent from Springshare's servers. This is the recommended option, as it provides the best overall performance when sending emails.
- Migrating from LibCal v1? Stick with the default sending method while you're working through the migration process.
- SMTP: if you select this option, outgoing emails will be sent using your institution's SMTP server. This option can be helpful if you're having issues receiving emails sent using the default sending method.
- Please note that this option will be slower than using the default sending method.
- When you select this option, you will need to provide the following information (consult your IT staff for the correct settings):
- SMTP Server: the address of your SMTP server
- SMTP Port: the port used by your SMTP server
- SMTP Encryption: select whether to use SSL, TLS, or no encryption when sending emails (consult your IT staff if you're not sure which option to use)
- SMTP Authentication Method: select whether the authentication requires a username and password or if it uses IP authentication / no credentials.
- SMTP Username: the username of the email account you want to use
- SMTP Password: the password of the email account you want to use
- Once you've made your changes, we highly recommend that you test SMTP sending to make sure everything is working.
- Send the test to both a local email (i.e. a valid email on your institution's domain) and to an external email (e.g. a gmail/hotmail/yahoo type account).
- Confirm that the message is received in both cases.