Create and manage LibCal user accounts
To create and manage accounts, go to Admin > Accounts.
Create a new account
- Click on the Create New Account tab.
- In the Login/Email field, enter the user's email address and click the Look-up Account button.
- If that email address is already associated with a LibApps user account, it will be added. Otherwise, a new LibApps account will be created for this user.
- If this is a new LibApps user account, enter the user's name in the First Name and Last Name fields.
- If this is an existing LibApps account, these fields will automatically be filled in and cannot be edited.
- To modify an existing account's name, that user or a LibApps admin must log into LibApps and modify their account information.
- Select a User Level for this account.
- Admin: these users have full access to all areas of the system; can manage all content; and can customize system settings & hours.
- Regular: these users can create events (when given calendar permissions) and manage appointments & bookings, but cannot create calendars, customize system settings, or manage hours. This is ideal for most users.
- For a more detailed breakdown of account levels, see the Overview of Account Permissions section below.
- If you would like to enable Appointments for this user, choose "Enabled" from the Enable Appointments dropdown.
- If you would like to give the user a customized signature for outgoing emails, enter it in the Email Signature text box. (Users can edit this in their LibCal account settings.)
- Click the Create Account button. The user will receive a welcome email letting them know how to log into your LibCal site.
Click on a panel below to view an overview of account permissions for that area of LibCal.
|Create new calendars||Yes||No|
|Edit calendar settings||Yes, all calendars||Yes, but only if calendar owner|
|Add events to a calendar||Yes, all calendars||Yes, but only if calendar owner or given permission|
|Approve events submitted for review||Only if given permission*||Only if given permission*|
|Create & edit registration forms||Yes||Yes|
|Create event templates||Yes||No|
|Manage campus & location settings||Yes||No|
|Access the API||Yes||No|
|Use a calendar's Booking Explorer||Yes||Yes|
* Although admins and calendar owners can manage a calendar's Publishing Workflow settings, they are not automatically designated as reviewers. They still need to be manually assigned.
|Create new groups and rooms||Yes||No|
|Manage group and room settings||Yes||No|
|Add room availability times||Yes||Only if given permission|
|Add, edit, & delete bookings||Yes||Yes|
|Mediate bookings||Only if given permission*||Only if given permission|
|Use the Bookings Explorer||Yes||Yes|
|Access the API||Yes||No|
|View room booking statistics||Yes||Yes|
* Although admins can customize a group's mediation settings, they can choose to not give themselves permission to mediate bookings in a particular group.
|Enable Appointments for a user||Yes||No|
|Create and manage groups||Yes||No|
|Create and manage appointment categories & durations||Yes||No|
|Customize the appointment page description||Yes||No|
|Customize appointment scheduler settings||Yes, for any user||Yes, but only for their own scheduler|
|Set up appointment times||Yes, for any user||Yes, but only for their own scheduler|
|Create and manage appointments||Yes, for any user||Yes, but only for their own scheduler|
|Set up Outlook/Exchange or Google Calendar sync||Yes, for any user||Yes, but only for their own scheduler|
|Create appointment widgets||Yes||Yes|
|Access the Appointments API||Yes||No|
|View Appointments stats||Yes, for any user||Yes, but only for their own scheduler|
|Create and manage locations||Yes||No|
|Create and manage space/equipment categories||Yes||No|
|Create and manage spaces or equipment items||Yes||No|
|Create and manage hours||Yes||No|
|Create and manage booking forms||Yes||No|
|Manage banned users (equipment only)||Yes||No|
|Create and manage fine templates (equipment only)||Yes||No|
|Manage migration from Room Bookings to Spaces||Yes||No|
|Create and manage space/equipment bookings||Yes||Yes|
|Use the space/equipment booking explorer||Yes||Yes|
|Mediate space/equipment bookings||Only if given permission*||Only if given permission|
|Create space booking widgets||Yes||Yes|
|Check equipment in and out||Yes||Yes|
|View overdue equipment items||Yes||Yes|
|View and manage overdue equipment fines||Yes||Yes|
|View space/equipment booking statistics||Yes||Yes|
* Although admins can customize a group's mediation settings, they can choose to not give themselves permission to mediate bookings in a particular location.
|Configure system settings||Yes||No|
|Customize the look & feel of public pages||Yes||No|
|Add and manage user accounts||Yes||No|
|Manage library and department hours||Yes||No|
|Create hours widgets||Yes||No|
|Access the various LibCal APIs||Yes||No|
- You can edit and delete user accounts under the Manage Accounts tab.
- Use the Search field to filter the list by name, email address, or user ID number (UID).
- Click on any column heading to sort by that column. Click it again to toggle between ascending and descending order.
- If a user has Appointments enabled, click on the pencil () icon in the Appointments column to view and manage that user's appointments, availability, and settings.
- If a user has Appointments enabled, click on the chart () icon in the Appointments column to view that user's stats and export their appointment data.
- To edit a user's account, click on the edit () icon in the Actions column. From here, you can:
- Change the User Level for that account (Admin or Regular).
- Enable or disable Appointments for that user.
- Enable or disable the user's public profile page. (When a user is an event organizer, the event page will link to their public profile page.)
- Change the user's profile image.
- Change the user's profile text area, which can be used to provide info about that user on their profile page.
- Please note: the user's name and email address can only be modified by the user or a LibApps admin from their LibApps account settings.
- To delete a user's account, click on the trash can () icon in the Actions column.
- Please note: this will permanently remove the user's account and associated Appointments data.
- If the user owns any calendars or events, you will be prompted to assign those to another user before you can delete the account.
- This cannot be undone, so please be absolutely sure you want to delete the account before proceeding.