To create and manage accounts, go to Admin > Accounts.
Create a new account
- Click on the Create New Account tab.
- In the Login/Email field, enter the user's email address and click the Look-up Account button.
- If that email address is already associated with a LibApps user account, it will be added. Otherwise, a new LibApps account will be created for this user.
- If this is a new LibApps user account, enter the user's name in the First Name and Last Name fields.
- If this is an existing LibApps account, these fields will automatically be filled in and cannot be edited.
- To modify an existing account's name, that user or a LibApps admin must log into LibApps and modify their account information.
- Select a User Level for this account.
- Admin: these users have full access to all areas of the system; can manage all content; and can customize system settings & hours.
- Regular: these users can create events (when given calendar permissions) and manage appointments & bookings, but cannot create calendars, customize system settings, or manage hours. This is ideal for most users.
- For a more detailed breakdown of account levels, see the Overview of Account Permissions section below.
- If you would like to enable Appointments for this user, choose "Enabled" from the Enable Appointments dropdown.
- When enabling Appointments for a Regular user, you will be able to specify their access to the Appointments Booking Explorer after creating the account.
- If you would like to give the user a customized signature for outgoing emails, enter it in the Email Signature text box. (Users can edit this in their LibCal account settings.)
- Click the Create Account button. The user will receive a welcome email letting them know how to log into your LibCal site.
Overview of account permissions
Click on a panel below to view an overview of account permissions for that area of LibCal.
|Create new calendars||Yes||No|
|Edit calendar settings||Yes, all calendars||Yes, but only if calendar owner|
|Add events to a calendar||Yes, all calendars||Yes, but only if calendar owner or given permission|
|Approve events submitted for review||Only if given permission*||Only if given permission*|
|Create & edit registration forms||Yes||Yes|
|Create event templates||Yes||No|
|Manage campus & location settings||Yes||No|
|Access the API||Yes||No|
|Use a calendar's Booking Explorer||Yes||Yes|
* Although admins and calendar owners can manage a calendar's Publishing Workflow settings, they are not automatically designated as reviewers. They still need to be manually assigned.
|Create new groups and rooms||Yes||No|
|Manage group and room settings||Yes||No|
|Add room availability times||Yes||Only if given permission|
|Add, edit, & delete bookings||Yes||Yes|
|Mediate bookings||Only if given permission*||Only if given permission|
|Use the Bookings Explorer||Yes||Yes|
|Access the API||Yes||No|
|View room booking statistics||Yes||Yes|
* Although admins can customize a group's mediation settings, they can choose to not give themselves permission to mediate bookings in a particular group.
|Enable Appointments for a user||Yes||No|
|Create and manage groups||Yes||No|
|Create and manage appointment categories & durations||Yes||No|
|Customize the appointment page description||Yes||No|
|Customize appointment scheduler settings||Yes, for any user||Yes, but only for their own appointments|
|Set up appointment times||Yes, for any user||Yes, but only for their own appointments|
|Create and manage appointments||Yes, for any user||Yes, but only for their own appointments|
|Set up Outlook/Exchange or Google Calendar sync||Yes, for any user||Yes, but only for their own appointments|
|Create appointment widgets||Yes||Yes|
|Access the Appointments API||Yes||No|
|View Appointments Booking Explorer||Yes, for all users||Yes, but only if they have been given access, which can be set for only their own appointments or all users|
|View Appointments stats||Yes, for any user||
Yes, but only for their own appointments
|Create and manage locations||Yes||No|
|Create and manage space/equipment categories||Yes||No|
|Create and manage spaces or equipment items||Yes||No|
|Create and manage hours||Yes||No|
|Create and manage booking forms||Yes||No|
|Manage banned users (equipment only)||Yes||No|
|Create and manage fine templates (equipment only)||Yes||No|
|Manage migration from Room Bookings to Spaces||Yes||No|
|Create space/equipment bookings||Yes||Only if given permission*|
|Edit space/equipment bookings||Yes||Only if given permission*|
|Set the User Showed Up status||Yes||Only if given permission*|
|Use the space/equipment booking explorer||Yes||Yes|
|Mediate space/equipment bookings||Only if given permission**||Only if given permission|
|Create space booking widgets||Yes||Yes|
|Check equipment in and out||Yes||Only if given permission*|
|View overdue equipment items||Yes||Yes|
|View and manage overdue equipment fines||Yes||Yes|
|View space/equipment booking statistics||Yes||Yes|
* Admins can customize the default access that regular users have to these aspects of the module. Additionally, admins can customize the access to these controls for each regular account individually.
** Although admins can customize a group's mediation settings, they can choose to not give themselves permission to mediate bookings in a particular location.
|Configure system settings||Yes||No|
|Customize the look & feel of public pages||Yes||No|
|Add and manage user accounts||Yes||No|
|Manage library and department hours||Yes||No|
|Create hours widgets||Yes||No|
|Access the various LibCal APIs||Yes||No|
- You can edit and delete user accounts under the Manage Accounts tab.
- Use the Search field to filter the list by name, email address, or user ID number (UID).
- Click on any column heading to sort by that column. Click it again to toggle between ascending and descending order.
- If a user has Appointments enabled, click on the pencil () icon in the Appointments column to view and manage that user's appointments, availability, and settings.
- If a user has Appointments enabled, click on the chart () icon in the Appointments column to view that user's stats and export their appointment data.
- To edit a user's account, click on the edit () icon in the Actions column. From here, you can:
- Change the User Level for that account (Admin or Regular).
- Enable or disable Appointments Scheduler for that user.
- Enable or disable the user's public profile page. (When a user is an event organizer, the event page will link to their public profile page.)
- Change the user's profile image.
- Change the user's profile text area, which can be used to provide info about that user on their profile page.
- Set the user's access to the parts of the Appointments, Spaces, Equipment, and Hours modules from the Permissions tab.
- Set the tab and location that are selected by default on the Spaces & Equipment page.
- Please note: the user's name and email address can only be modified by the user or a LibApps admin from their LibApps account settings.
- To delete a user's account, click on the trash can () icon in the Actions column.
- Please note: this will permanently remove the user's account and associated Appointments data.
- If the user owns any calendars or events, you will be prompted to assign those to another user before you can delete the account.
- This cannot be undone, so please be absolutely sure you want to delete the account before proceeding.
- From the Regular User Permissions tab, you can set the default permissions for all regular users' access to different parts of LibCal. If a user has specific permission values set for their account then that per-user value takes priority over the values set on this page.
View a list of email addresses for all users
You can easily get the email addresses for all account holders by going to the Email Users tab and copying the list of email addresses there.
- Go to Admin > Accounts.
- Click on the Email Users tab.
- Highlight the list of emails and copy (Ctrl + c or Cmd + c or right-click > Copy). You can copy:
- All User Accounts
- Admin Accounts
- Regular Accounts
- Paste into the To field of your email program.