Customizing a calendar's permissions
By customizing your calendar's permissions, you can control how much access Regular-level users have to add and edit events in your calendar.
Note: Admin-level users already have full access to all calendars.
- Click on Calendars from the command bar.
- Click on the calendar's title from the Modify/View Calendar column on the Calendar Index tab.
- Click on the Settings button.
- Choose Calendar Permissions from the dropdown.
- On the Calendar Permissions modal choose your desired option:
- Regular account holders can create/edit their own events only: this is the default option and restricts Regular-level users to only managing the events they create.
- Regular account holders can create/edit ANY event: normally, only the calendar's owner and Admins can modify any event. However, this setting will allow Regular-level users to do so, as well.
- Custom Permission List: this allows you to set permissions for each individual Regular-level user in your system. These include:
- Read-Only: users with this permission can only view events -- they cannot create or edit them.
- Editor: users with this permission can create and edit their own events.
- Event Admin: users with this permission can create events and edit any event on the calendar. They cannot, however, customize calendar settings. This can be helpful if you want to collaborate with others on managing events in your calendar.
- Click Save.