Link a space / equipment booking location's hours to a library or department in the LibCal Hours module
Before you can start booking equipment, you must first define the opening hours for your locations. If your location has the same operating hours as one of the libraries or departments in your LibCal Hours module, you can link to those hours instead of recreating them separately for your equipment and spaces. The benefit of this is that you'll only need to manage your hours in one place. Any changes you make to a library or department will automatically be reflected in the availability times of your locations.
Head to Admin > Equipment & Spaces > Manage Locations. If you don't see the Admin menu, you are not an Admin level user in your system.
Linking to LibCal Opening Hours
- Click on the location's Manage Hours link in the Hours column.
- Click on the Linked to LibCal Opening Hours radio button.
- From the dropdown menu, select the library or department you want to link to.
- NOTE: make sure that the library or department you select is not using the Custom Text or By Appointment options for its hours, as these are not supported in Equipment & Spaces. If it is, then you will need to Custom Hours instead.
- Click on the Save Changes button.