A category's Access determines where and how patrons and staff can book spaces and seats within the category.
- Public categories are easily discoverable by patrons as they appear in all public menus, dropdown lists, etc.
- Private categories do not appear in public menus, dropdown lists, etc. A user must know the URL for the category in order to view its public booking page.
- Admin Only categories are not available at all to patrons and spaces/seats within them can only be booked from the Spaces > Booking Grid & Availablity tab on the admin-side.
To change the visibility of a category:
- Go to Admin > Spaces & Equipment.
- Under the Locations tab, find the location containing the category you want to move and click on its link in the Spaces column.
- Select Edit Category from the cog () button in the category's heading.
- Under the General tab, select an Access option for the category.
- Public: patrons will be able to access the category's booking pages from all menus, lists, and widgets.
- Private: patrons will only be able to access the category's booking pages via their direct URLs. Links to the booking pages will not be included in navigation menus, lists, or widgets.
- Admin Only: the category's public booking pages will be disabled. Bookings can only be created by staff who are logged into LibCal, via the Spaces > Availability page.
- Click the Save Category Settings button.