The booking duration settings determine how long patrons can book a space. Each category has each of the following booking limits:
- Minimum duration: the minimum amount of time a space can be reserved per booking.
- Maximum duration: the maximum amount of time a space can be reserved per booking.
- Default duration: the initial amount of time selected when a patron starts a booking.
To customize the durations for your category:
- Go to Admin > Spaces & Equipment.
- Under the Locations tab, find the location containing the category you want to move and click on its link in the Spaces column.
- Select Edit Category from the cog () button in the category's heading.
- Click on the Booking Limits tab.
- In the Booking Maximum Duration field, enter the maximum number of minutes a patron can reserve a space in this category per booking.
- This value must be divisible by the value of the Booking Start times available every X mins field.
- For example, if your booking start times are available every 30 minutes, you could have a maximum duration of 60, 90, or 120 minutes, but not 135 minutes.
- In the Booking Minimum Duration field, enter the minimum number of minutes a patron can reserve a space in this category per booking.
- This value must also be divisible by the value of the Booking Start times available every X mins field.
- Please keep in mind that patrons will be unable to book a space for less than this minimum duration. For example, if the minimum duration is 60 minutes, but a patron only needs a space for 30, they would still have the space booked for the full hour.
- Leave this set to 0 to allow LibCal to determine an appropriate minimum duration.
- In the Booking Default Duration field, enter the initial duration (in minutes) that is selected when a patron starts a booking.
- For example, even if your maximum duration is 240 minutes, you could set a default of 120. The patron could then increase or decrease the duration between the minimum and maximum, if needed.
- To use the current Booking Maximum Duration as the default for each booking, leave this set to 0.
- Click the Save Category Limits button.