Padding allows you to add gaps between bookings, which can be helpful if you need time to inspect or clean up a room before it can be booked again. For example, if you select a padding of 30 minutes, a space booked until 3pm would not be available again until 3:30pm.
To customize the padding for your category:
- Go to Admin > Spaces & Equipment.
- Under the Locations tab, find the location containing the category you want to move and click on its link in the Spaces column.
- Select Edit Category from the cog () button in the category's heading.
- Click on the Booking Limits tab.
- From the Padding Before and After Booking dropdown, select how much padding to apply between bookings.
- The amount of time you select will be added before the start and after the end times of each booking.
- On the public availability grid, padding will appear as unavailable times -- just as if the space was booked during that time.
- On the staff availability grid, padding will appear as separate slots (colored blue by default) before and after each booking. That way, staff will know which slots are for the actual booking and which are for padding.
- If you do not want to add any padding between bookings, select the No Padding option. When selected, this will allow for back-to-back bookings.
- Click the Save Category Limits button.