For each space, you are able to define its Current Capacity and Maximum Capacity. The current capacity allows you to indicate the capacity that the space can accommodate currently. This will appear on the public space booking pages and be used for filtering purposes there. While the maximum capacity allows you to indicate the maximum capacity for this space. This is used to help calculate the occupancy totals on the Spaces > Utilization page.
Note: the current and maximum capacity for spaces that are set as container spaces for seats cannot be changed manually -- the maximum is tied to the number seats in the space and the current capacity is tied to the active seats in the space.
To change the current and maximum capacity of a space that is set as Bookable as a Whole:
- Go to Admin > Spaces & Equipment.
- Under the Locations tab, find the location containing the category you want to move and click on its link in the Spaces column.
- Click the Edit Space () icon for the space that you want to move.
- Under the General tab, edit the value in the Current Capacity field as needed.
- This will display on the public booking page and can also be used by patrons to filters rooms by capacity.
- Edit the value of the Maximum Capacity field as needed.
- This is used to help calculate the occupancy totals on the Spaces > Utilization page.
- Click the Save Settings button.